No. The guy in the glasses is no one we know. However, the little boy in the background talking to his friend is. The only event we had this week was Spencer's Veteran's Day program. He was very concerned I would not see him because he was on the side-- not on the stage. So I sat on the side near him. He was Mr. Chatty the whole time. I think that he almost cracked a smile during some of the songs, and he almost opened his mouth wide enough for one note to escape.
He just doesn't like to be in front of people. I sing to him some nights when I tuck him in, and he sings out loud and strong-- with quite a beautiful little voice! Just don't put him in front of an audience.
LL had basketball tryouts this week. She made the team, but was super stressed that she wasn't going to. Girls' basketball tryouts are high drama. On the second day of tryouts, the coaches decided to talk to the girls one at a time. LL said the tension was high. The girls that got cut all left the coaches' office pale and shell shocked. Then came the tears-- the tears from the girls that made the team and that were sad about losing the other girls, the tears from the release of high stress, and the tears because....well just because, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! All I can say is, I am glad that I don't coach girls' basketball.
The head coach tried several times to get Sammy to try out for the Freshman team. Sammy wanted nothing to do with it. We didn't push her either.
Anyway-- not much else is happening. Oh wait-- the order of the universe is being disrupted this week. I will be heading down to watch Missy's girls until Friday. Three people, including me, have spontaneously broken out with cold sores from the stress. Honestly, I am not too stressed about going to take care of them. The kids are actually probably happy to live off Ramen noodles and cold cereal. Maybe Rich will cook some of his tater-tot, egg special a few times this week. The only thing I am stressed about is working in the mornings still on Missy's computer. Using someone else's stuff makes me nervous-- and I really don't want to have any tech problems while I am away.
Anyway-- onward we go.
1 comment:
Love life in Newton. Thanks for posting
Post a Comment