For this week, we will see pictures of someone else's children! I spent Sunday night through Friday with Missy's girls. My family said that they missed me, but they did fine without me. LL called me one night and said she was tired of Dad's cooking. What? He cooked fun stuff!! He made good use of the deep fryer I purchased on my birthday. He fried tater tots almost every day, according to the kids. He deep fried hot dogs as well! They ate fish sticks, mac and cheese, and many other delicious things such as cold cereal. I never buy cold cereal, but for this trip I did.
Gwen pulled this shirt out of the laundry-- I recognized it as one of LL's favorite shirts when she was Gwen's age. I forgot how tiny LL was!
Sydney LOVES to crochet! I feel bad we didn't have a pattern-- she really wanted to make a penguin. It was so much fun getting to know the girls a little better. They are sweethearts!
Sydney even did my hair for me!
Claire wanted to make rock crystals-- hopefully they turn out. When I left, they still hadn't done anything. Bummer. I never have luck with the rock crystals.
These two can pack it down for breakfast! One morning, I made them an omlet, then they ate a bunch of apple slices AND toast!
We tried to keep a regular Marco-Polo going with their mom and dad while they were in Peru. Here they are waving to them.
We went to China Town in SLC. It is pretty cool there was a little Chinatown! I bought lots of treats and the girls had me buy some pineapple buns and coconut buns. The Chinese pastry is WAY better than Mexican pastry. You don't expect much when you see it, but the flavor is great-- not to sweet and not too bland, just right! It is soft and yummy! Mexican pastries looked so amazing, then you bite into them and it is a dry mouthfull of bread. Blah! Maybe we didn't go to a good Pasteleria in Mexico or something?! We were going to eat at noodle restaurant, but Gwen said her throat really hurt, so we went home. She genuinely didn't feel great. I made her some throat coat tea and then she went to sleep fast that night. The next day she felt better.
Friday morning, here they are downing the large breakfast.
We read "Calpurnia Tate" every night and they were so excited when they saw an elf at Gardner Village that reminded them of Mr. Hofacat in the book. They were so fun to shop with!
Anyway-- It was a fun week, and I actually miss the little girlies!
On to basketball and everything else up here in the North.
No comments:
Post a Comment