Sunday, November 04, 2018

The End of October.....

 And just like that, Halloween is over and I forgot to take a picture of my children in their costumes.  Of course, I can count on Sammy to have about 53 pictures of herself and her friends on Halloween, so I do have hers.  She was a lifeguard.  Laura Lee was a safari guide, and her friends were all different animals.  The girls only dressed up for school, and didn't go trick-or-treating.  Luke was General Eisenhower, and Spencer was an astronaut.  If my boys ever dress as anything other than an historical figure or actual profession, I will be very scared something is truly wrong on Halloween.  



We decided to not do the barn party this year.  All good things must come to an end, and we are kind of tired of it.  Of course, that did not stop the fun. I still bought three family size pizzas, made scones and hot chocolate, and the girls had a large amount of people over to our house to play.  Rich and I went with the boys trick-or-treating.  We joined the Myers and Bucks in a caravan.  Barry Myers had a trailer hooked up with hay bales on the back, and he pulled the kids all over town.  I think they must have hit nearly every house.  I had to go back early and make scones for the girls, but the boys came home with pillowsacks full of candy.  Luke is planning on saving it to sell in January at school.  In the last two weeks he has made $7 selling his parade candy on the bus.  I think that they were thrilled to go so to many houses this year.  I am very glad they didn't rake it in every year-- it was way too much candy!  

This weekend was Sadie Hawkins.  LL asked her friend Jackson Hancey.  They went with LL's friend Dantzel, and her date Jared.  It was a really nice group of kids.  Dantzel moved here from Washington and it is her senior year.  She and LL have really become good friends.  They went bowling in the morning, then I ran them some lunch at a park, then they came home, got ready, and I then took their pictures at the park.  




They had to wear matching sweatshirts this year for Sadies.  LL's friend Danztel didn't want to match her date.  (She is a bit stubborn at times.....) She and LL are quite a bit alike in some ways.  They both play the violin, they both like a lot of the same things, and they both can be very stubborn! 





Jackson is a senior and will graduate.  LL and he are friends from Cross Country.  He is a really good runner. The Cross country final banquet was this week, and I took the girls.  LL organized giving gifts to all the seniors, so I wrapped them all and she handed them out.  They have made some really great friends this year.  They are so sad their seniors will be gone next year.  I am sad I will have a senior next year! 
And of course, Johannes won't be there because he will be back in Austria.  He dressed as the Austrian flag for Halloween-- it was pretty funny.  

Mallory, Sammy, Branson, and LL

No comments: