Sunday, October 15, 2017

October 9-14

Not much going on except running kids around as usual.  Laura Lee made it to State for cross country as an alternate-- which she is really happy about.  She gets glory of going to State without all the pressure of having to participate! She can just cheer her teammates on.  Her coach, Coach Storrs, is fantastic.  He does a great job with the kids and is super supportive.  She has really enjoyed Cross Country.  Her hip is in a lot of pain though.  She went to the trainer and he said she pulled it really bad sprinting and to stay off of it for a while-- no jumping or running.  That is not so great since she starts basketball open gym soon, and they are practicing.  Yes, she is crying in this picture because her hip hurts so bad.  She said it started to hurt so she ran faster.  It hurt worse so she ran even faster.  She wanted to just get done.  

Here is coach Storrs. He teaches shop, and is also a rodeo clown in the summer months-- because he knows how to run fast.
 Laura Lee got a medal for placing in the top 15.  She can now use the medal to melt down and make a screw for her hip replacement in 10 years. 

Sammy (aka.Wonder Woman) is enjoying her musical theater class and voice lessons with Whitley and Derek Davis.  They are super sweet with the kids and she just loves them.  In her spare time this week she put seven bad guys in jail,  restored a priceless work of art to its rightful owner, and rescued three kittens from drowning. She keeps busy, but she is Wonder Woman-- what do you expect? 

Luke tried out for a special club that builds things after school.  We really don't know much about what it is except he had to "try out" for it and his teacher recommended him.  Maybe it is a secret government program that recruits children to design special ops equipment for spies.  I think I heard them say something about making sure he has a passport? Oh well, I guess we'll know more later. 

Joy Larsen and I took the boys to the DUP museum in Logan this week for Webelos.  They tested out the first ever Virtual Reality Goggles:
 They also saw the very first iPad ever for the modern pioneer classroom (as you can see, this scout is impressed):
 And they were able to swiftly and effectively clean their clothes on the high tech washing board.  The more high-tech the smaller it gets, right?:
We also were able to see the blacksmith equipment that was used in Newton back in the olden days.  As you can see, these boys are adorable but they cannot take more than one picture without making a face or farting in order to keep things real. 


Spencer lost another tooth, and once again I was the one that had to pull it.  The kid has lost 6 teeth so far and has only pulled out one on his own.  When it gets to the point I can see the tooth angling inward or toward other teeth, and Spencer doesn't like to eat anything, then I know I have to basically just reach in and swipe the thing out before he ends up choking on it in his sleep.  He must have an extremely low pain tolerance. By the time I pull out his teeth, they are literally hanging on by a thread.  He hardly notices when I swipe his tooth out.  No pulling is necessary.  I just wrap my left arm around him, pin both his skinny arms to his side, look in his weepy eyes with my hypnotic angry mom glare, and before he even knows it my right hand has moved like a flash and removed his tooth.  One time he hysterically yelled, "Hurry up! Take my tooth!" and I had already been holding it for ten seconds.  True story. The anticipation is much more painful for him than anything else.

We got up on Saturday morning and headed to Logan for the USU Homecoming parade.  We met our cousins Matt and Sadie Boyer to watch the parade together.  

We even ended up next to Sammy's buddy Emily for the parade. Fun times.



We had Lisa and Cass over this afternoon to tell us all about their trip to visit Belinda and her family in Taiwan.  Sounds like it was fun, but honestly I have no desire to ever go to Asia.  I'll look at pictures and be satisfied. 

We have a new sister missionary in our town.  She is from San Diego.  I asked what part and it sounded familiar to me just because of all the places you mention, but I can't remember what she said.  She is Spanish speaking sister.  She speaks English but has a thick accent.  Hermana Meza.  I think that was her name....








1 comment:

Jangs said...

Love the costume wonder woman, proud of your running LL but please don't kill yourself and I relate to the cub scout stuff way too much. Sounds like a great week. WE love you tons
Gma