This was a seriously long week, and the coming one feels longer all ready! We did have Thursday and Friday off, but we didn't go anywhere. In fact, I am having trouble remembering what we even did. Let's see if pictures help.
I just wanted to take some nice headshots for the mantle... That's all I asked.
And the flu shot trickery. I really didn't lie to them. I said, "I'm going shopping, would you guys like to go?" Later they said that they should have caught on-- I would never want them to all go grocery shopping with me. Proof of that when my grocery bill is twenty dollars over what I would have paid on my own. They all see treats they like and throw it in the cart. I figured it was worth the extra groceries if I got them all their shot for the winter. We have gone without the flu shot before, and I will never ever do that again.
This is a picture of a healthy back. It is not Richard's back. Notice the nice spaces in between the vertebrae-- shown circled.
This is Richard's back. The doctor said after seeing this he was surprised he was even walking. Truthfully, his leg has been numb, and then it improved to just his toe being numb, so he could at least walk into the doctor's office. He has to go to a chiropractor twice a week right now, and then hopefully there will be no physical therapy or surgery. This has been years in the making. His back has gone out periodically ever since I have known him. He believes he hurt it really bad in High School and then again another couple of times, and that is what started it all. The doc said that he is in good enough physical shape that it is probably what saved him from getting even worse. Notice-- no nice spaces.
We played games over Fall Break.
And last night, the boys had the wrestling match of the century. I was certain someone was going to split his head or break a bone. Trying to stop them was like trying to stop two little freight trains-- they are pure muscle. They look skinny, but believe me-- they are strong from Tae Kwon Do.
On to the rest of the week.





1 comment:
Love the picturesl They are all growing up (like to be goofy but growing up) I am so sorry about Rich's back. That is no fun at all. We will include him in our prayers. Miss you much. Hope your week goes well.
love mom
Post a Comment