October and November were busy and fun. Our big events in October were Halloween and just a week before, a concert that the choir I am in did. The concert was a family pops concert complete with Disney songs, Star Wars characters, and Superheroes. I pulled together my courage and tried out for a little solo, got a part, and had an absolute blast. I didn't think I stood a chance to even get a little part, but I would be a big hypocrite if I didn't try-- since I am always telling my kids to "just try!!" I sang a SUPER short part as Jasmine from "Aladdin." Here I am singing with Aladdin who could actually be my son because he is so much younger than I am....but he was a great sport to sing with this old lady! We were just supposed to wear a hat to portray our character-- so my girls and I found a black wig, the headband, and a broach gem to make the "Jasmine" look. Dr. Jessop is a phenomenal director. Every time we do a concert, I wonder how in the world are we going to get all of this together in such a short time. The man knows what he is doing- and he knows how to pull people together. I should have a little more faith since he did put on all those productions with the Mormon Tab choir for all of those years-- I just wonder if WE are up to the challenge, not him.
The finale of the song I was in. The Cat in the Hat was the master of ceremonies for the night, and he was hilarious.
| Here we have a cowboy, and army guy, and a prom queen. The magician was off with her friends this year-- since she says it might be her last year to trick-or-treat. |
| With their cousin watching Despicable Me, which was this year's movie. |
| We even had a visit from the "Tangled" characters....Flynn Rider, Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, and cute little Pascal!! |
Last year, I was super busy with AFC (the choir) and did a couple of productions in smaller groups like Bach's B Minor Mass and Beethoven's Missa Solemnis. I was gone on Sunday evenings, so the kids and their dad started up a tradition.....homemade French fries on Sunday night!! This is now continued since I don't have the Sunday rehearsals lately. I started to make some homemade potato chips-- and here is SO dipping them in lovely malt vinegar-- a favorite. We just lack the fish to go with our chips!!
On to THANKSGIVING!! We had a great time this year at the Stubbs grandparents this year. The kids had fun with their cousins and ate lots of yummy food. Here are a few shots with the gang.
| We had a pilgrim at our feast!!! |
Mom and Dad put together "2 Grandma's 2K" race for the kids. It was great fun for all. The kids loved it. We missed the first heat before dinner, but joined in for the second wave just after the meal. Only kids would be able to load up on food and then run a mile. Aren't these runners adorable!??
The race was complete with prizes at the end. Grandpa and Grandma think of everything!
We were able to visit our Great Grandmas, too!! I forgot to take pictures at Gma Stubbs and remembered when we got to Grandma Green's. The Grandmas let us entertain them with a few songs on piano and violin from the girls. Here we are hanging out with Gma Green afterward. Rich chilled in her really cool chair.
COMING UP-- when I get the pictures downloaded, LL celebrated her 12th birthday!! I can't believe I have a 12 year old!!!!


6 comments:
It was so great to be together. Love the concert photos.
I wish I could have seen your performance - you sing like an angel! Such fun goings-on in the Stubbs home. Miss you!
You make a stunning Jasmine!! I wish I could have run with you all and Eaten some bird. Love you.
It was great seeing you! We will come visit you at your house soon. And your concert looks awesome.
You make a gorgeous Jasmine. Wish we could have been there to hear you!
It was so great to spend Thanksgiving with you!
Post a Comment