| Christmas morning. Coming down the stairs into the basement. Santa likes to put the toys clear down there-- it makes it things a little less messy for mom-- thanks Santa! |
Rich and I both coached the girls' basketball teams this year. Rich took LLs and I took SOs. Both teams did great. I had to dig deep, deep, deep, into the wells of whatever patience I could muster and try to keep sane coaching these wonderful, sweet, and energetic 9 and 10 year olds. I am not so sure that I will be coaching again, but they were very appreciative and they did pretty good. I found myself dreaming out my frustrations at night thinking things like...." NOOOO!! That is double dribbling! Get between your man and the basket!! YOU ARE NOT A GUARD!! YOU ARE A FORWARD---STOP STEALING THE BALL FROM YOUR OWN PLAYER!!!! ARRGGGH!" Hopefully they had fun and they learned a lot. Rich's girls did great-- they had a super exciting last game where they beat a team that had beaten them the week before. Unfortunately for that team, they never changed their game plan and Rich's girls were ready for them. He said the best part was watching the coach on the other team get frustrated and yell at his players-- "you gotta shut her down!!!" referencing LL who had just made a few jump shots, and how our girls just had them stumped. I don't care what anyone says-- it is always more fun to win.
Not much else has happened. We went bowling today to celebrate a b-day with a little friend of LOs. We are now just sitting around enjoying the sunshine outside and I am doing a little catching up.
Oh yes-- how could I forget my concert last Saturday..... If you look up on the top row in the second picture you can see my sis-in-law Janae who is also in AFC. It was a very exhausting concert-- that gospel rockin' takes it out of me. Rich said the next Sunday that I was acting like I had a "Gospel Hangover". I was tired and grouchy. Our guest conductor, Chantel Wright was quite a lady. She really knew how to keep us on our toes. I finally just tossed my music on my chair because we were just "following the spirit",Honey. The Calvary Baptist Choir came up to sing with us, and I just love their Reverend. He is a sweet man. I will always remember our visit there with some of our Oscarson cousins, and Jared dancing his way up to the donation tray without any money to give....oops!! The second time around he had a $20, and they shook his hand. Ha ha!!


4 comments:
Go Basketballers! You are so nice to work with other people's children. That would drive me crazy! One of these days we will have to see one of your concerts. They look delightful.
I am sure that I would reenact some childhood trauma if I were among gradeschoolers and a basketball. Nice work. Your choir adventures sound great too.
I have got to come to this gospel concert next time you do it! And dad and I forgot to get to a basketball game! Wow! You were both coaching. You are good parents. More energy than I have. Love the pictures. Fun to read the blogs again. Even though I am kind of behind
Way to coach, coach! I played basketball as a kid. Mostly because my dad was good at it and I was tall. I'm not good at it, but at least I intimidate everyone on the other team. At least I think that was my coach's strategy whenever she put me in to play.
And woo! Awesome concert. Even though I look like I'm on the wrong side of the spirit in that picture. I promise, it's just the lighting that makes me look evil.
Post a Comment