Last night I was putting LO to bed. He gets scared at night of robots and once in a while comes into our room to sleep. I was reminding him that LL is in his room now, and he could also pray for help to not be afraid. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: "Did you know if you are scared you can pray to Heavenly Father, and He will help you not be afraid?"
LO: "But where is he?"
Me: "He is in heaven."
LO: "Is he dead?"
Me: "Uh, no-- He has a body and is alive. Anyway-- Jesus always watches over you and protects you, so just don't worry..."
LO: "I want to tell you a bedtime story. Once upon a time, Mommy, LO, and Jesus were walking down the road. They saw a big robot. Jesus pulled out his gun and shot the robot...."
Me: I blame Star Wars entirely-- holy men in robes wielding weapons.
8 comments:
Too funny. But if he sleeps better with that image so be it. I think maybe there are divine light sabers or something like that
That is SO my boys at that age! Remember my Good Samiritan lesson? They told me it looked a lot more fun to be the bad guys than the Good Samaritan. Eventually they learn good manners and service....right??
And when LO turned around, there was only one set of footprints, right?
Ha!! How did you know that is what he said next????
That is hilarious....kids and their train of thought make me happy...even when it is kind of creepy. Your kids are adorable.
That kid is so funny.
That made my cry laughing. Claire has had nightmares and is worried about monsters and has been told to pray as well, but I (as a guy) can totally relate to how Luke tells it. Boys and girls are so different!
Hilarious. Whatever it takes to get you through the night!
Post a Comment