I thought I'd share with you what I have been talking about called "Bountiful Baskets". It is a food co-op I belong to. It is $15 for your basket, and it comes to determined sites around the state (all the states from AZ, NV, WA, ID, and UT). You pay a $3 start up fee and then after that you only buy a "basket" when you want to. I have been really impressed with what we get so far. Sometimes we get a few strange items, but you still save big time even if you end up not using one or two things-- in fact, I have used many more fruits and veggies in my cooking now just because I have so much more than if I go to the regular store.
This week we got things such as asparagus (2 bunches), celery (2 bunches), radishes, cabbage, butterleaf lettuce (2), cucumbers, acorn squash, strawberries, blueberries, 5# bag of apples, bananas, and kiwi...those are just some of the variety we get. Granted, I don't get to pick the items that end up in my baskets-- but it is usually a common variety and sometimes some fun surprises-- like artichokes.
One of the things you agree to is to volunteer every once in a while to help keep it going. I have gone the last three times at our site here in town. Here is what we do:
Here the semi-truck delivers our site's produce. There is a lady who is in charge of our site. She gets her produce free for being in charge.
These are the baskets before they are filled-- one fruit and one veggie. You take one of each.
Here is a picture of what they look like when we fill them.
Anyway-- it is a pretty good deal. Sometimes they have different "extras" you can order like an Italian pack(garlic, portabello mushrooms, fresh basil, rosemary, oregano etc.) , or Mexican pack with Mexican food items of course for about $7.
Of course, the co-op has just taken off like wild-fire in my state (imagine) and I am amazed how many other states offer it. If you are curious, you can go to Bountiful Baskets and see if there is a site by you. (I am not advertising-- just sharing!! ha ha!)
And here we have SO with her new-do. She wanted to have bangs, and so did her mother-- except I am not brave enough to post a picture of myself!!




8 comments:
Show us the bangs!!
What a fabulous idea! I love it! Plus you probably get the opportunity to try some things you might not have bought yourself...some people are so smart.
Oh, and I'm with Jared. I'd like to see the bangs please.
I have heard of that basket thing and I think it is so fabulous! I am looking it up right now although I am almost positive there won't be one near me. I agree with Jared and Amy, show us the bangs!!
I love the co-op idea. And the bangs! She is so cute and I bet you are too!
That sounds so cool!
You really get a great deal in your baskets. I am impressed and I want to see your bangs. I love SO. She looks so great
Wow. That's cool. Really.
I LOVE SO's bangs.
Julie, you are beautiful! You need to get behind the camera more often! That is an order! I am really interested in this basket thing...but I would be very suprised if anything like that is happening in New Mexico. I will have to look it up.
Post a Comment