
We have had bouts with a strange virus lately. It gives you a wallop with a high fever and then you are wiped out for a few days. SO started with it last week, then Rich, now LL, and hopefully LO and I will avoid it.
LL has missed so much school already, I feel like we are just having homeschool lately. Last week she had "tummy" problems and we finally figured out it was due to a bully in her class. He would grab her shirt and punch her, which made her really scared to go to school. She said that he would get mad at her if she didn't sit by him at lunch. She would pretend that she was grabbing some utensils and then quickly hide and sit somewhere else. Ug. She is only in the first grade!! So I went to the school, found the kid, knocked his block off and then called his mother-- just kidding. The problem has been resolved, but wow, it starts early.

So now that she is home REALLY sick, we are all going stir crazy. We have really been quite healthy this year, only the occasional colds, so I have no reason to complain-- but I will anyway. A few weeks ago, it was super icy out on the driveway. I watched LL walk out to the bus and I was worried she was going to fall. So "hero" mom went out in her crocs (no traction) to guide her child to safety. On the way, I fell and fell HARD. It was one of those "seeing stars" falls and I heard a nasty sound near my shoulder as my arm flew up-- sort of a ripping sound, yes, ripping. I tried not to use it much the next week because it was really sore. The next week I was dumb and played RS basketball and agitated it, and then you know how easy it is to try and NOT use your arm when taking care of children. Too make this long story short, I just wanted to complain-- my arm hurts and I want a maid! I will survive, I just will have to try and not be so tough and go to a doctor if it doesn't feel better soon-- what kind of a doctor? A psychiatrist in my case, I am guessing.
14 comments:
Sorry to hear about the troubles. Being sick is no fun if you can carelessly sit in bed and sleep all day, and moms and dads don't get to do that and small kids don't seem to want to. I hope your shoulder/arm feels better soon too. Remember, if I am 30 now, that means that you are...taking longer to heal than you used to, right?
Ha ha, rub it in that I am older, and you are in MUCH much better shape than I am. I did do a triathlon at 30-- it has all gone downhill from there:)
Mike-- it actually is my shoulder, the pain just goes into my arm when I lift it laterally. Any diagnosis?
I'm sick of being sick too...It's so hard to keep a positive attitude when you (and/or your kids) feel crumby. Crummy. Whatever. I'm really sorry about your shoulder...sounds a bit like my Dad's rotary cuff tear...hope it isn't! On a happy note, yesterday I saw something I haven't seen in months - honeybees! Flying around! Maybe winter isn't going to last forever!
Julie!!!! You need to go have your arm looked at. Don't be a dummmy like your Dad who hurt his last summer and never went. I hope you feel better. I am so sorry you are all down
We have had the exact same virus going through our house! Weird! And we have missed lots of school and are completely stir-crazy as well. Welcome to winter in Utah!
I'm with your mom...get your arm checked. Do I need to come babysit your kids or drag you the doctor? Let me know...I'll happily do both.
And I'm appalled about the bullying. Nothing makes me angrier faster...ask me sometime about the incident we had in KINDERGARTEN this year and how I turned into a raging bear. Not pretty...but effective.
Oh man! That's like getting kicked when you are already down. I had that whole fever-then-wiped-out thing a month ago. It was yucky.
As for the bullies... I feel like super protective aunt when I hear stuff like that. And then I turn into paranoid mom. I don't want my kids to have to deal with that kind of stuff. Since when did it start so early????
Get to a Doctor!!!Ripping does not sound good! It will heal much better under a doctor's care, hopefully.
Grrrr, bullies!!! Rob's Maddie has been dealing with one to the point where she didn't want to go to school either. Then one day the kid plowed her down, gave her road rash on her face and karate-chopped her in front of her sister and cousin and they told. Thankfully the parents took measures to correct the kid and hopefully all goes well now.
Since I am a doctor, I will offer this online diagnosis: you hurt your shoulder. Pretty bad. The ripping sound is the sound of something ripping or "tearing apart," probably something internal (unless you find a hole in your jeans). In order to get better, you will need to heal or "improve your current condition." This will require the use of several controlled substances such as paper work, trips to an office, insurance forms, and money. Good luck.
Hope you feel better soon...seeing a doctor would be a good idea sometimes... :o)
You've been hurt and all this time I have been complaining about my life to you. I a bad bad sister.
Sorry for the sickies! I'm scared to send Ian to Kindergarten!
The song "I Will Survive" starts ringing through my ears. :) I hate using the word hate, hehe, so I will choose a better word...I strongly dislike weeks like those!
Hope you are feeling better.
Those darn bullies!!! It's probably some kid who really has a crush on her and has a stupid way of showing it. Way to go and knock his block off though! You are my hero.
Sounds like really hurt a muscle. I agree with the go to the docter thing. I have that dumb virus too by the way. No fun.
Post a Comment