Sunday, June 17, 2018

Basketball tournaments, baseball, bunnies, and boys.

Well, this week was the normal running around to different activities.  LL had a basketball tournament the last two days.  Unfortunately, during her last game yesterday, she hit the floor hard and got another concussion.  This time one of her usually negligent parents was there.  I got up and went to her on the court.  She was in a daze.  Coach Bird grabbed two of the dads as soon as the game ended, and asked them to give her a blessing.  They were great.  One of the dads, Daniel Watkins, is a brother to an old friend of mine, Katie Watkins Smith.  The other, Jason Gibbons, Rich's family has known from a long time, and is the son of their old vet "Doc Gibbons".  Jason checked out LL's eyes and gave her a quick evaluation-- I guess humans are techincally animals, right?  They gave her a blessing out in the courtyard of the Jr. High.  So nice to have that help when Rich isn't around.  She is definitely concussed, and she will have to do nada for two weeks per school regulations.  She was going to start up cross-country training, but cannot at the moment. We had planned to go to Lagoon for Aggie Lagoon day this coming Friday.  She may have to forgo the rides, sadly.  

Luke is almost done with baseball.  He has really enjoyed it.  He is so cute out there on the field in his uniform.  He does a great job fielding.  

Sammy's rabbit has ear mites, and she found it out yesterday.  We separated it from the other bunnies and they put oil into it's ears.  We think that it may be too late-- but since we have a new crop of rabbits that no one has purchased yet, she can have her pick of a new one.  

Thursday I had my Webelos come over and make their annual breakfast.  It is to earn their "cast iron chef" pin.  Amazingly, this group knew what to do-- Joy, my leader buddy, and I did nothing.  It was hilarious.  Kade May made pancakes like a pro.  

 Jayzen Merritt was a great egg scrambler. He said he is great at making egg sandwiches.  We didn't have bread, so he was a little disappointed. 
 Garrett Phillips only dropped three pieces of bacon, and Audrik Rashall only dropped two sausages.  The cats ate like kings that morning. 
 They had more fun making the food than eating it, really.  
 Here are the boys in the backyard.  We have had lots of wind lately, and so it isn't very pleasant to go outside.  I hope it stops.  It dries everything out, and then no one wants to be outside because their get stuff in their eyes.  



1 comment:

Jangs said...

LL I am so sorry about your head. Please take care
I knew nothing about ear mites. This sounds fatal. Yikes. So sorry
I miss sitting at your kitchen table and looking out the sliding door at the scenery.
I miss all of you most though
Love you very much
Mom