Sunday, September 17, 2017
September 3- September 17
NO MORE KITTENS!!! ANYONE WHO WANTS SOME COME AND GET THEM!!!
Another Cross country meet-- this time at Ridgeline just a few miles south of us in Cache Valley. I don't know if you can see LL coming in on that first lane of the track. They had a crazy course to run, but she shaved off more time again. She is really enjoying the XC team.
And the big news is SAMANTHA TURNED 14 years old this week! Happy Birthday Sammy! She got a cute new outfit and a cute San Diego t-shirt from Grandma and Grandpa (thanks Grams and Gramps!) Sammy loves to celebrate, and so we made a cake and watched a movie-- we are party animals over here. Poor Sammy, someday she will party it up with her own kiddos, she will be a much more fun mama than I am!
Spencer and Luke are enjoying school. Spencer struggles liking his teacher, though. She isn't warm and fuzzy and she expects them to behave (yay!). I was very impressed with her, but Spencer says he is always getting in trouble for not listening (and I have no sympathy for him, I have to be honest). At least this time it is someone else trying to get him to pay attention. He probably doesn't listen very well because he is too busy thinking of ALL THE QUESTIONS he wants to ask about the particular subject. He came home from school and said, "Mom, I think Mrs. Adams is a LOT younger than she looks. Her mom came into our class today and her mom looks young!! Mrs. Adams must be dehydrated or something...."
Rich is recovering from pneumonia. Thank goodness for modern medicine. I subbed for the first time this school year at White Pine Elementary in a second grade class. They were pretty cute, and I am just glad that it was Friday so it was a short day.
Sad news, Laura Lee has had two friends in some serious accidents on Saturday. One of her friends, a Laurel in our ward, rammed into the trailer of a guy who was trying to do a U-Turn on the bridge at Cutler Dam by our house (An absolutely nutty thing to do...). She was honestly lucky that she wasn't killed. It was entirely the other driver's fault-- he felt terrible. When she turned the bend right before the bridge and saw the trailer in the road, she said her dad's advice came back to her right at the moment she needed it-- not to swerve going that fast-- she will roll the car. She could have flipped right off into the river. She rammed into the trailer at an angle, and the passenger side was demolished (which makes me catch my breath because LL was sitting there in that car with her last week when they went to the temple after school one day). Her car was completely totaled. A member of our ward was on the same road right behind her and he jumped out to help her, then the EMTs were in our ward as well so they were there on the scene. She broke her hand, and was bruised up from the airbag. Then, that same evening one of LL's friends from school crossed into the other lane of traffic near Smithfield and got into a head-on collision with a Mom and her two daughters. The mother was killed instantly. She is in our stake. A friend of mine in our ward happened to be behind her, and rode in the ambulance with the two little girls to the hospital. LL's friend is now at Primary Children's in serious condition. They don't know what happened and why he drove into the other lane of traffic. LL and her friends are pretty sad right now. The whole thing makes me so nervous to have LL driving around-- I trust her, it's just crazy what can happen in a second.
Other than all that, it has been a pretty good week. Luke was sick on Friday with a stomach bug so he rode in the car with Rich on the courier route through Logan Canyon. I feel like someone always gets sick when I have to go to work-- it's super frustrating, but it worked out fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a week for you. I am glad Sammy had a good birthday. I am sad for LL and her friends. What a scary week. Does it help that I get scared on the freeways around here all the time? I will add her to my prayers of safety. I hope Rich is better and everyone else. Enjoy those kittens. HEHEHE. I sure love you. Thanks for writing. It means a lot to me
Post a Comment