Sunday, August 10, 2014

Here we go again. Summer 2014

Here is an update of our summer with a photo journal.  It all started with eggs in the nest.

Then, we celebrated a 7 year old's birthday! I can't believe he is 7.



Planted veggies in the garden.


Played with a new batch of kittens.

Grew a mustache in Island Park with the Stubbs side of the family, went on hikes, and stood in the rain. It was very pretty up there.







Visited Mesa Falls.  It was very pretty.

Lit fireworks.


Grew hollyhocks and children.

Had a blast with our cousins in Pocatello running one of the coolest races.  How many races serve rootbeer floats when you are done? SHO loved the buckets of licorice and donuts.  They also gave away some sweet prizes in a drawing.  I have a feeling this race will grow exponentially each year. 


SO got 2nd place in her age group.  She ran the 5K.


LO also ran the 5K and got second place in his age group.



LL ran the 5K and got 7th in her age group.  Not bad at all!


We were all whipped at the end of the race.  The Stubbs fed us well, we played and chatted and had a great time.


We went canoeing on the river where we live.  It was a beautiful morning.

We finally have lots of grapes growing this year.  Hurry up and ripen, grapes!

We are finally harvesting lots of raspberries.  They are eaten as they are picked, so no jam this year. We did harvest lots of strawberries-- and made lots of jam.

Played with the fairies in the fairy garden.

And here is the garden.  We had some nice unexpected rain the last few weeks and the weeds grew faster than we could keep up with.  We have already harvested quite a bit: broccoli, cabbage, onions, peppers, lettuce, chard, beets, carrots.  We are awaiting the squash and pumpkins.  Oh, and beans.  We gave up on our corn.


And this is the cutest little photo bomb I have seen....or should I say photo "bum"?  We went to the beach near the lake.


And now we are in the middle of swim lessons with cousins and friends.  It has been a nice summer. 


6 comments:

Jen said...

I just love you, Julie! What a beautiful family! Also, I have that same pink rash guard. :-)

wendys said...

I love your pictures! What a fun summer.

michaelstubbs said...

I'm glad that we got to share in your summer fun.

Jangs said...

Whew you did a lot. Glad we were with you part of the time. Everyone is growing up so fast!

Nae said...

Great pictures! We sure love you all and miss living by you. :)

SP said...

You make me want to live right there between you and Mike.wahhhhhhhhhhh