Friday, May 16, 2014

The Fun Run!

Today was the "Fun Run" at the kids' school.  Every kid in the school ran a mile except for the Kindergarteners.  I stationed myself at the 1/2 mile turning point where the kids turned back around to head to the finish.  SO finished second in her grade (4th grade girls).  She had a time of 6:59.  She told me she was taking it easy since she knew that she couldn't catch up to the fastest girl, but that she was well enough ahead of the third girl in line.  

Then came the 1st graders.  They went in order from oldest grade to youngest.  Here came LO speeding down the country trail with a big smile on his face.  He kicked it into gear and made third place, beating his sister's time with a 6:54.   It was really fun to watch.  

The older 3 grades get to go to the high school and run against other elementary schools next week.  SO gets to go, LO can cheer her on-- or maybe he can pace her!  Those kids just put it all on the line.  When you suggest that they "pace" themselves, they don't get what that really means-- they just go all out till they collapse!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

So, I just got on your blog and caught up with everything. I feel bad I didn't read all about your trip until after I talked to you about it! I will be a better blog reader. I never update my blog, so I forget to read other peoples! It was so much fun to see you guys! I need to do that more often. It was good for my soul:)

wendys said...

They are great little runners!

michaelstubbs said...

Awesome little runners.

Jen said...

Such good runners! I couldn't even attempt that. Seriously.

Hey, I am making my blog private, and I know you occasionally pop over. If you still want to read it, pleas send me your email address. You can reach me at jliving@gmail.com