Saturday, February 22, 2014

Violin Recital

So LL had a violin recital today.  Her teacher has quarterly recitals, but this one was a big one for LL.  She is going to play in the ASTA festival next week at USU and has been working really hard on this piece.  Her accompanist leaves something to be desired--- I can say that because it's ME.  LL announced her piece today as "Concertino in G minor--- and it's supposed to be "major".....so what does my brain do?  I immediately start playing it in G minor-- don't ask me how come that happens.  I know this song backward and forward, and my fingers were fighting my brain on the intro!!  My brain was saying-- play a B flat there, and my fingers were saying, "What?!?!? It's an F sharp!!"  There is my nice and true excuse for my mess up.  LL did a great job-- she had a memory slip at the end.  She told me that it was because she was so excited to be done that she forgot where she was.  I can relate to that.  The sound quality is not that great-- it was filmed on my phone, and I swear that it wasn't flat, her tone was super.  So here we have the recital. 
(Yeah, I know.  I typed 20014 instead of 2014.  So I am a rookie at movie making.) 

5 comments:

Jangs said...

Amazing! So very proud of you. That was quite apiece to memorize and perform! We love you. Mom did a good job too!

wendys said...

Great job Olsen ladies! It sounded great.

michaelstubbs said...

It sounds great. Send her to the Olympics!
Is violin a winter or summer sport?

Belinda said...

Nice job Laura Lee! You sound great.

Nae said...

Way to go! :) You're both amazing!