We did have a wonderful Christmas. The kids had so much fun, and so did the parents. SHO got what he REALLY wanted for Christmas-- which was snow. He prayed for snow every night since the beginning of November, and we had a wonderful white Christmas. They have been playing to their hearts content outside, until we had this awful freezing weather and inversion....grrrrrrrr. Rich pulled them around on the 4 wheeler even after the first snow (which was more mud sliding than sledding). When we got more snow-- they went all over....all over the front yard, side, and back pasture
OTHER HAPPENINGS THIS PAST MONTH:
| LO getting an EKG. Long story. |
| Rich's gets this manaical laugh when he hauls the kids around the back on the sleds-- he loves to try and knock them off......it kind of scares me....who is this man????!?!?! |
We snuck in some fun visits to Orem and to Coalville to see family. That was also one of our Christmas break highlights! I guess I forgot my camera for those times! Oops.
We also have a run of birthdays starting with LL after Thanksgiving, then SHO and finally Rich to start off the new year. We still have lots of leftover cake lying around.
I know I took pics of LL's b-day, but she will be neglected tonight, and the youngest will be favored. Here is SHO with his cake-- which is all he really wanted for his birthday anyway. He had this type of cake picked out this summer since he saw a picture of it on the internet.
| A tractor cake of COURSE!!! |
And dear SO was determined to ice skate in 10 below zero temps the other day. I stayed in the car and used the WiFi from our library on my new Kindle (yippeee!!!) A man in our town sets up the ice rink in the town center every year. It is free, of course, and you can go to his house and get your size skates. He has many many pairs of every size. It is quite the attraction. Here is SO with some of her girlfriends (whom she called right after school and coordinated with to meet up and skate.) They are braver than I am! SO did not stay as long as the other girls, however, the cold had sunk in and her tears were freezing on her cheeks....time to go home for HOT CHOCOLATE!!!
Now we have been battling the stomach flu for two weeks and I am so ready for a change!!! Happy Winter everyone!!
8 comments:
Love the pictures. So sorry you are sick. That crud is going around down here too. Makes me want to stay home and not shake hands with anyone
I am with you on the winter thing...I can love it as long as I am warm, and no one is sick. It always looks fun fun fun at your place!!
looks like so much fun! So sorry you are sick. Our whole school has had the stomach flu and strep throat. I like winter after my kids are about 10, so we still have a few years to go before I will welcome it with open arms!
Oh stinky flu! I am glad you have been finding some fun this winter. Keep up that positive attitude!
Happy Birthdays to all.
I would like a ride on those sleds! may you be germ and other kid problems free for the rest of 2013!!
So much fun! Not the sickness. I don't miss winter or inversion. I won't tell you we've been at the park a lot lately...I may need this mississippi mud recipe. You had me at 4 sticks of butter!
That sounds like quite the winter. You can tell I've been avoiding EVERYTHING because I have just now gotten on to check all of the blogs since before Christmas. :0) I'm glad everyone had fun with the birthdays and snow. And crazy cool about the skating rink! But not cool how cold it was. :)
Post a Comment