Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Just Wanted to Share....


I am sure you all have felt the same way the last few days.  I thought that this was a good message, just thought I would share. 

Today I went to a little quilt shop in town where the owner hosted a pillowcase making event.  She planned to make 600 pillowcases and send them to the children of Sandy Hook Elem.  It was pretty insignificant really, I know that what we were doing wasn't much-- and it was certainly more for us than them.  While we were sewing, at least we felt like we were doing something.  I pray my heart out for the people back there every moment I can, but I didn't feel any kind of solace until I was working at something for them-- even though it was really small.  It was theraputic in a way to be with all those women in the attic of the shop just working at something together. 

The first weekend in December, the choir I am in did our annual Christmas concert at the Ellen Eccles Theater.  I have never had so much joy putting on a Christmast Concert-- and I have been in lots over the years.  Our guest artists were phenomenal-- and two of the most gorgeous, gracious, and talented women I have ever met.  I was especially glad to have my family there. Thanks so much Gma Green and Gma Stubbs for coming all the way up to see the show-- and to my parents for coming and bringing them, too.  I love to sing, but it means the most to me when I can share the music with my family.  Thanks for coming!!   Here is a clip of our two artists-- I think you may have heard them before.  Just for a little Christmas cheer if you like.  Merry Christmas to you all. 

4 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Merry Christmas to you too. I am sure even the smallest efforts to help others make a big difference.

Jessica said...

Thanks Julie! Love you, and have a very Merry Christmas.

wendys said...

I want to come hear you sing sometime.

SP said...

Thanks Julie.