Last week, Rich and the girls took a trip to Kentucky to visit Grandpa and Grandma on a mission there. They had a fabulous time. Here are just a few pictures of what they did. I didn't have room for all the pictures-- they had so much fun!
 |
| First on the visit to Kentucky was a stop at the Mammoth Caves. The picture below shows how you just cannot take pictures there....the light is just swallowed up in those gigantic caverns. There are almost 400 miles of caves down there--wow! |
 |
| Now entering Boonesborough. According to Gpa Stubbs, we had a Loveless relative that once lived there for a time. |
 |
| Can you guess what this is?? |
 |
| And of course, in Beattyville, you must go during the Wooly Worm Festival. |
 |
| Reading and doing homework. They stayed in a little house next door to Gpa and Gma Olsen. |
 |
| Up on "Happy Top" with Grandma. Beautiful views, and beautiful colors. |
 |
| The Natural Bridge-- they had to ride a skyrider up to the bridge. |
 |
| Here are some of the members of the Beattyville Branch. If you look closely, you can see a picture of this lady's two legged dog who also has a wheelchair to get around. His name is Roo Roo, and "honey, he just looooves his hot dogs!" |
 |
| A friend the girls made at the branch....Tempest. |
 |
| You must go to the horse parks if you go to Kentucky! |
 |
| They even met celebrities while they were there.....the Budweiser Horses!!! |
 |
| And because we love to watch the Kentucky Derby every year, they had to make a stop at Churchill Downs! LO calls people from Kentucky, the "Kentucky Derbians". |
 |
| On Elder and Sister Olsen's front porch, and a view of their house below. |
 |
| Just waiting to catch the plane home! Thanks for the visit, Grandpa and Grandma. They had a wonderful time!! I wish I could have been there, too!! |
6 comments:
Awesome! What lucky girls. I have never been to Kentucky!
They were SO CLOSE to us! If you were in Kentucky and didn't called me, I would have to seriously reprimand you. But it looks like you weren't there, so I'll calm down. But come to Cincinnati! Please!
Looks like a great trip. I would love to see those caves.
It looks so beautiful there! I love the Budweiser horses! So pretty.
What an incredible trip! How fun. What great memories
the girls look older, glad they had a good time!
Post a Comment