Skip ahead to the last three miles-- where I had turned off my headphones to concentrate on talking back to all the negative thoughts in my head. It was a serious mental battle-- more than just being physically tired, I was mentally trying to stay sane. I had stopped no less than 6 blasted times to use the nice little porta potties-- ug!! (That was a mental thing for me too, I finally realized.....my gut was playing tricks on me) and I was just hoping to make it to see LL race. The thing that helped me the most was that I knew my family was waiting for me at the finish. When I realized that they were all waiting for me and cheering me on, I really found it hard to even think of quitting. My wonderful parents,siblings and in-laws that could come were there with their kids-- waiting very patiently for us to finish! They didn't have to wait as long for Mike!! To top it off, Missy gave us an awesome leg massage afterward. I will do the same for her when she does her first marathon!!
LL did so great on her run! I was shocked that I made it in time to see her-- she won third place in her division. I have to say, it made it that much sweeter to do something like this when one of my kids was joining in the craziness!!
Thanks so much you guys for coming to see us run. It was so much fun to have you there. It was great to go to Mike and Wendy's place and hang out and eat and visit. The marathon was really beautiful. I saw a part of the Pocatello area that I hadn't seen before. After the swelling in my second toe on my left foot goes down a little, maybe I will think about doing another one in the future......Anyone want to come along?
| Our first running event together! |
| My speedy brother. |
| Sista! |
7 comments:
You are amazing!!!
So fantastic! You guys are so amazing! YOu have a big smile on your face at the end of the race...it must have been a success! I still need to do a half marathon...want to do one of those with me??
You are a rock star! I could never dream of running a marathon, so I just admire those who do. Well done!
I look like I am going to puke in that picture, but I didn't puke.
It was great to run with you. I needed someone to motivate me to run again. Thanks for the inspiration.
I think I am in next year...you, Mike, and the 79 year old lady who finished it have inspired me (I can't let a 79 year old lady beat me...).
I love our family too! It was fun being there.
I am a good spectator. I will be glad to continue in that role
Post a Comment