Sunday, September 18, 2011

September


School started just before this month, and here are the girls getting ready to go.  They were very excited to get back to school-- until the next week when they remembered it is an everyday kind of thing.  It is nice to be in a routine, but I do admit I miss them during the day. 

It has been a busy month so far-- and the best part was SO's baptism.  She was so excited to get baptized.  We are very proud of her.  Thanks all of you who were able to come.  We appreciate your presence-- and we understand that not everyone could make it-- so thanks for being there in spirit:)


So I have the before and after pictures mixed up-- I am having bad luck moving them around, so oh well.  Here is the "after", first, and the "before" is second.  Can you even tell what happened?  We said she could have her ears pierced at age 8-- and she didn't forget.  It was quite an adventure.  We went to the mall, and then after the big event, we walked around.  I felt like I was in jr. high again.  We walked into Bath and Body Works and I about fell over from the potent wave of smells-- but SO and her little friend were in heaven.  LL, LO, SHO and I were ready to get out fast, but it was her big day so we tread the vast ocean of smells and beauty just for her!

9 comments:

SP said...

They are not that big! Your whole bunch is so grown up. Lyndon called SPO, "little Luke"

Abby said...

Yeah for SO! We are so proud of you! Wish we could have been there...

Jangs said...

They are growing up so fast! It really was a special day and it was so fun to be there. Love you all

wendys said...

So sorry we couldn't make it! What a beautiful little girl.

michaelstubbs said...

Your whole family is so good looking. I love SHO's look in the family shot. Congrats SO on her baptism.

Jared Stubbs said...

Sorry we couldn't make it either! Love the earrings!

Jessica said...

I got a little teary eye reading this post. I remember you bringing SO home from the hospital, and visiting you guys. Time goes so fast! Your family is seriously so beautiful Julie! I miss you guys.

Emma Jo said...

Oh, darling darling family and fun fun memorable family events. I love it. Congrats big girl! Love the bling!

Nae said...

Awe, and she was so excited to show me her pierced ears, it was the first thing she said to me! I love em all!