Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer 2011


I think that I am now just a seasonal blogger--- I can't seem to keep up with it any more.  Not that any of you are dying, I am sure, to know just how our summer has been.  I don't even use this as a journal, so I am just doing this because I have ten minutes to sit and digest my gingersnaps I just ate, and the kids are playing happily in the basement.    My computer is about as archaic as it gets now days, so I hate trying to download anything.  It is about 1,112 techo years old. 

We did a lot this summer-- well sort of.  I just said that so that I don't feel guilty for the bad excuse of a veggie garden I have out in the back.  Here are some highlights of what we did.
Up at the Gpa's Ranch. 

LL and her Uncle C. going through the town's mud obstacle course. 


Bear Lake with the cousins-- the donut eating was a favorite.


Swimming at the lake.  Yummy sandy sandwiches!
Squeezing in the stroller for walks to the market, which is even more fun with your cousins-- and of course taking a giant bubble bath after a long day of swimming (above).

Swimming lessons.  They got to play with their friends every day after their lessons.
Working on the new swing set-- it is all done now and they have loved it.

Catching a fish with Dad on Gpa's ranch.

Running away from Mom when all she wants is a nice little picture of her youngest by the flowers. Hmmph.

Okay, that's better.

Playing at our friends' grandparents' house while they flood irrigated the yard and garden-- it was tons of fun!


Rich taking a smoke by the Sawtooth mountains-- oh-- oops! That is what it looks like though!

Waiting at the Salmon fish hatchery to watch them weigh and measure the salmon. 

Watching cousins catch fish at the hatchery! Way to go!

Swimming at Redfish lake.   The lake is so absolutely beautiful and clear! I forgot how much I love the mountain lakes! So cold but so fun!

I don't know why, but eating at a hotel is so much cooler than eating at home. 

The whole gang with the Sawtooths in the background after church.  The church had a huge picture window behind the pulpit that framed the Sawtooths.  I could handle a view like that every Sunday!



7 comments:

wendys said...

What a fun summer! It was great to see you, hopefully there will be many more trips like that in the future!

michaelstubbs said...

I miss you and your kids already. We had lots of fun. Thanks for letting us be part of your summer.

SP said...

I am glad for the update. Spencer is huge and you are blonde! I can't wait to spend time with you and the family.

Jangs said...

It was so much fun to be together. What a great summer of memories

Jessica said...

Thanks for the post! I just read your mom's post about the Sawtooth's. Looks like so much fun. Those pictures bring back so many memories for me. So glad you got to get together with most of your family. You look AMAZING by the way! You just look better and better every year! I miss being able to talk to you!

Juli said...

I have been to that church! Who needs stained glass when you can have a view of the mountains! I also remember watching the salmon round up. And my grandparents would flood irrigate their yard. OK. You have officially made me home sick.

Kimberly said...

Hi Julie!I just found your blog from Juli. Looks like a fun summer and your family is adorable! Kim Hatch