One of the few things I remember is that Boise means trees or forest (bosque in Spanish, right?) Anyway, that is where we were this weekend during the long four day weekend we had.
The trip started out with a stop in good ole Twin Falls. We stopped at Shoshone Falls. ( LO was extremely mad at himself because he couldn't pronounce it-- it was kind of funny...) I went to the traditional lookout spot and had a nice little panic attack, complete with hyperventilating and knees so weak I almost fell down. Thank goodness it was just my family, they already know I am nuts. I took their picture then scooted up the steps as fast as I could. (I don't know what is happening to me in my old age! All of the sudden I am terrified of heights.) We had a nice picnic lunch at the park there and then we drove into Twin.
I forgot how enormous the falls are-- they really are so amazing. I wish the water had been flowing over them.
SHO with me while the kids went on a hike with Dad up around where we used to walk.
How do you like these pictures? I couldn't believe how much our neighborhood had changed. There were so many more houses. I haven't lived there for close to 20 years, so it all seemed a little strange to be back. The last time I was in Twin was just a quick visit to Dierkes (woo hoo) for my 10 year reunion. The house above holds more memories for me-- the house below I only lived in for 2 years. It is actually for sale again. We got on the internet at Jared's house to see what it looks like inside now.
The most amazing change was seeing the temple there in our old neighborhood. That was cool.
The kids found a leaf bug going to do a session...
And who can guess where this is?
We left Twin and our lovely car started to give us trouble just outside of Bliss (aka "Hell" as you all know). We nursed it all the way to Mountain Home and then Jared came and rescued us. The car had literally coasted into a gas station there, but where Jared came to get us, lo and behold it started up again and we limped into Boise.
We had such a great time with the Stubbs cousins from Boise. They were great hosts. Abby made a delicious paella for us which she saved for us to gobble up when we finally arrived. The next day we went to the Discovery museum and the Capitol for fun-- my camera wasn't working or I'd have pictures! (Not a good weekend for technology and me). It was so fun to hang out with them. Friday night, some of Rich's old friends from Logan, and now one of Jared and Abby's friends, the Wilsons, came over to eat pizza and shoot the breeze (and gang up on Jared about BYU football-- I stayed out of it...) Anyway, we had such a great time! Thanks Stubbs! We did rent a car to drive home with just in case we would break down. The kids didn't want to give up the rental because it was high-class-- DVD, computer, nice seats, etc. That is the problem when you rent a car like that-- you can only go down from there. Oh well.
The suburban started to give Rich trouble just 30 minutes from Snowville. We made it there and let it rest, then resumed our limp back home. At least this time the kids were totally entertained and it was worth every penny to have the rental!!
Thanks again guys! We had so much fun seeing you again. We love ya.











13 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! Minus the rebellious suburban.
Well at least you made it home! Are you going to retire the suburban??
Sorry about the car trouble. Glad you had fun.
I used to play golf where the temple is now standing, in fact that is where i got my Golfing merit badge.
Man, I miss my family. I used to think that hanging out with my own cousins was fun and now I find that it is just as fun to watch my own kids with their cousins...now if we could only get them together with their first cousins, once removed...
So sorry about the car trouble. Dad got your text message outside of Mt. Home about 12 hours after you had sent it. So we were no good to you. Glad the rest of the trip was so good. We love you and miss you all
That is Sawtooth Elementary. Ha, I am the only one who got it. What do I get?
It's really nice to see Twin Falls again through pictures! I miss that town!! Great memories came out!
YOu make me laugh Julie. I miss you. Fun to see pictures of Twin. I actually have really fond memories of your first house there too!
I didn't realize that Sawtooth doesn't have any windows! By the way, the last time I saw you was at that ten year class reunion.
That sounds so fun--except the car trouble--and you and my Mom are the same with heights...must run in the family! (I've become crazy worried since having kids too.) It's beautiful though from a safe distance!
So cool to see all the Twin Falls stuff. I haven't been back for awhile. And that pic has to be Sawtooth Elementary right? It was fun to see your old house. I spent many a fun night there with you. Oh the memories!
Could you take us down memory lane any more! Oh my gosh! Your house, the school, etc. Thanks for those great memories!!!!
Post a Comment