Other news: Scout has returned after about 2 months missing. We think he leads a double life. He looked well taken care of when he returned.
LL now can be officially called "four-eyes", however to her it is the highest compliment. We just hope the novelty of glasses doesn't wear off too quickly. I tried them on and the kid has worse eyesight then I do, but not quite as bad as her father's. We think that might quell some of the anxiety that has been felt by her about school.
If SHO survives his siblings' "attention", I will be so happy. So far, he has fallen all the way down the basement steps and yesterday, was pushed off the front porch steps in his stroller by his brother. I really blame myself for both incidents, since I thought I could trust my children for at least 20 seconds....
I haven't really posted all summer, so here is a small summary.

Here is LO with his Uncle who is a cowboy to the core-- and LO was in utter awe. Here is his doing his "I'm trying not to smile but can't help it" look. He got to sit on his lap at our annual Bear Lake reunion with the cousins.
I ran a half-marathon, and "Yeah right" I am going to put a picture of me running. All I have to say is (and I've said this before to some of you...) when I finished the race and thought how other crazy people do marathons--I would sooner ram my head through a brick wall than run twice that amount. I thought I was going to die, right after I wiped the salt lick fit for a cow off my forehead-- I was so dehydrated. I swear I lost about 5 pounds and I was seeing mirages of tropical islands with clear cool water on the road ahead, that and a man twice my age running next to me listening to Mariachi music out loud on a radio hidden somewhere on his person-- oh wait, he wasn't an illusion. I am a glutton for punishment though, as soon as I got home and slept for 2 hours, I was starting to think about how I am going to get a better time next year. That is the irony and thrill of this game, right?
Missy and her dolls came to visit-- they are cute- and CB loves to feed the cows in her underwear. The best part was watching her face when we picked the girls up from school. She was sooooo excited running down the hall to see them. That and when she was watching Rich eat corn on the cob-- more like studying him, and then she said, "You are a fast corn eater!!!!" in utter astonishment. He is, CB.
And-- Missy helped me make these cute fan-star-thingies-- because I am idea challenged and SO wanted something to decorate her room. This picture doesn't do the "cuteness" justice, Missy, they are staggered across the wall by the window. Thanks for your help!!! Thanks for the visit, too! It was so fun to see you and your girls.





10 comments:
Ah, I miss you! Love the update. Your kiddies are so cute. If you do sign up for the race next year, let me know, I want to run it with you, (or behind you as the case would be)!
wow you have have been doing a lot lately. Great job on the run... I don't ever plan on running that far! Happy Birthday SO
Happy Birthday SO, Love the glasses LL and in general love all the pictures and my wonderful family. Great post
They look great!! Happy Birthday SO!
I am glad that you had a great summer and sorry that we didn't come and visit more. We need to come down soon. Happy birthday to SO.
Wow...SO looks sooooo tall! Happy bday,SO! Great pics...I just missed a pic of you!
Your kiddos are all bright, cute, and entertaining! I am proud of you for running...ask me if I could make it around the block without dying. What a fun family!
Oh I'm so glad to see an update! Your family is cute and fun--and I love the glasses, they are very cute! Congrats on your race. I am super impressed and I agree. 10 miles is my max so far and that is fine by me! I about died of boredom, let alone tired.
Cute pics, good to "see" you all.
Good job on the half marathon, Jules! Don't say no to a marathon yet. It's like having a baby - you swear you'll never do it again when you're in the middle of it, but when you're done, you suddenly want to do it again. It's called endorphins. You did drink as you ran? Was it a really hot day (above 70 is too hot to run that far comfortably.)
Adorable kiddos, love birthdays, glasses and adorable kids in underwear feeding cows! Visits from sisters are the best.
Post a Comment