Thursday, June 25, 2009

Home.....Again!

Yes--- we are home again. We had another emergency rush to Primarys on Monday evening. LO started to throw up Monday and was lethargic again. We called the surgeon's office and the nurse told us to bring him straight to Primarys-- when I explained we lived 2 hours away, she told us to take him to our pediatrician. Long story short-- took him to the pediatrician, he called a surgeon at Primarys, we were on our way back down.

Another really long night at the ER was helped greatly by Grandpa Mark-- who provided lots of comic relief by blowing up surgical gloves and drawing faces on them for LO. He also told plenty of great stories and kept us from going insane with the repeat of the madness-- NG tube, IV, and another CT scan. They were very worried he had an absess which is, they explained, very common after a rupture. Fortunately, the CT scan showed he had a partial bowel obstruction caused by swelling and scar tissue, and no signs of absess. We did have to spend three more days in the hospital. What do you know, we even got the same room! The nurses all gave us very sympatheic looks when they said, "Ooooh!! You are back!"

Thanks again for your prayers and love. We sure appreciate you all. This has been quite a draining past two weeks, but I still feel really grateful.

12 comments:

Jen said...

I wish I lived closer! I would bring you dinner and warm cookies and a hug. You sound like you need it!

wendys said...

I'm glad you are home for reals this time.

michaelstubbs said...

One summer adventure down...how many to go? I am glad to hear that you are home and that the boy is well. I hope you get lots of rest.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Don't really know what to say....poor LO...I wish I lived next door to give some help once in awhile...
Three weeks to see you all again!!!!!

Jessica said...

So sorry Julie! As aunt Bonnie would say...Bless His little heart (and yours too!)Hope he is on the mend for real this time, and that soon you will be running after him again! Love you guys!

Camille said...

We're so glad that you're back!

Jared Stubbs said...

I am so relieved and grateful that he is back home!

Jangs said...

I am so relieved he is ok. I am very grateful you are all finally home.

mo said...

He has been in our thoughts and prayers! I tried to come and see you but was told they had no one by his name at the hospital. (Don't know what that was... I feel so bad.) We are so happy that he is on the mend again! Love you guys!

Amy Lynn said...

I desperately wished we lived closer so we could spoil you with casseroles and pizzas and play with your girls and bring you Ben & Jerry's at night when you need a little "pick me up"! I'm so sorry he had to go back...but I constantly feel grateful for the incredible medical care available in this area! Especially Primary's...we will continue to keep him on the Carr family prayer list!

Unknown said...

Few days left!!!!!!