Thursday, August 30, 2007

Big Day!





Today was the big day of the first day of school. LL wasn't going to ride the bus, but as soon as she found out everyone else was-- she was game. We took the ceremonial pictures and SO hung around LL like she was leaving for forever. They walked around outside together, hugged, and SO waited in her little rocker looking for the bus with a sad face. (Yes, it all sounds so sweet-- yesterday they were biting each others heads off like to praying manti...)



As soon as the bus came, two other moms and I took pictures of the event. As we walked away, my next door neighbor and I got teary-eyed. She is sending her last and I am sending the first. When we got inside, SO cried and wouldn't let go of Dad when he had to go to work. She was very sad. The time went by quickly, however, and she arrived home safe and sound. I asked her how it was and she said, "My back hurts, we do a lot of sitting." Hmmm. So now she is sitting in front of the TV watching Berenstein Bears.

This past week before school started, I caught LL out in the hammock in the mornings sitting with her cat, Scout, just petting him and looking a little subdued.

Life changes in the blink of an eye. In SO's words this morning after he sister left, "It will never be the same, Mom!!" That is true-- it won't, but hopefully I have learned that a little change is good.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, I am sitting here crying right now...why? I guess life goes on, and they keep getting bigger. S. planted a big kiss on me, then turned, and said, "I'm off!" And so he was.

Jangs said...

You are all bringing back such memories of those first school days. I can't believe the grandkids are all getting this old. sigh.....

ermakaluso said...

Laura Lee is such a miniature you! Your kids are so cute!

Megan said...

Too, too cute. I'm glad we get to share a little of these moments with you through the pictures and blog. I love your hammock by the way. I think I need one of those.

SP said...

life goes too fast.

michaelstubbs said...

I am sure that I will have to sit through the first day of kindergarten with Ian. Yesterday he came to "Elder's Corn" with me rather than attend nursery alone.