I just fi

nished this book for my book club, and it was fantastic. If you are looking for something new to read, this is great. It is not a happy book-- but an inspirational one. It is about a young woman who survives the Rwandan Holocaust. She describes how her relationship with God developed to a whole new level and how she even forgave those who killed some of her family members. It is an amazing story-- if you have read it, let me know what you thought of it. If you haven't, I highly recommend it.
5 comments:
I think I saw her on a PBS special. She looked amazing. I would love to read her book. Thanks for the recommendation! P.S., Julie, I miss you so much! Please come back....Pretty Please!
I have a book of poetry from a professor of mine who taught English in Rwanda just before the genocide. All of his students were killed. His poems are about living and teaching there.
You book sounds interesting.
That is so interesting-- wow. What a tragedy that all the students you know were killed. What school did he teach at?
Thanks Julie. Always love to have a good book list. Sure enjoyed visiting you the other day. A bright spot in an otherwised troubled week with much saddness
Great, my "must read" list just grew by one book--I feel so behind!
Post a Comment