Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Small Town Love





I know not everyone is desirous to live in a small town, and I am thinking of anything less than 1,000 people. We have sure enjoyed our summer so far, and I am hoping the fall and winter months won't be so bad, either. When we first told people we were moving here, they shook their heads and said, "It's cold up there!" It is, but it is also 10-15 degrees less on the thermometer during the summer-- so there! Here are a few of the photos we have taken around our home so far. The rainbow is actually a double rainbow-- but my camera didn't capture it. The full moon is not as spectacular as in real life either. I am not saying that those natural occurances are more spectacular here than in other places, I am just saying I notice them a lot more now that I am here. My favorite view is, however, the one I get every morning and during the day with my little gals. They crack me up.

9 comments:

Jangs said...

Looks pretty good to me too. I'd trade for I-15 any day of the week.

mo said...

I can't wait to visit you in Newton. It looks wonderful and I love your sweet girls!

M-L said...

I barely discovered your blog! I love your new home! the girls are so cute. Linnea is really enjoying the picture of Sammy and Sunshine riding together.

Unknown said...

I've gotta visit you someday!!!! I can't wait to see your new places and the girls!!!!! Love you all!

Jared Stubbs said...

The girls look so much older each time I see them! While Burley isn't as small as Newton, we sure do like it here. I love my commute and the fact that I can go home each day for lunch and see my girls!

SP said...

Man, I say it every time, but I really miss you guys. That is the first drawback of you being there and me being here...we're not close enough. I loved those few weeks we had to bother you every day before we moved down south again. May we be neighbors later in life, but not too much later. Lyndon said he could live in Logan....

Suzie Petunia said...

You sound so happy and your beautiful girls LOOk so happy! Gorgeous pictures!

Abby said...

Beautiful! The girls, the house, the sky, the author--I love keeping up with the goings on!

michaelstubbs said...

Yeah for small towns. I want to live in Valdez, Alaska.
http://www.ci.valdez.ak.us/port/
And teach at the Prince William Sound Community College.
http://www.pwscc.edu/