Luke started baseball games this past week. He is No.5 in the pictures. His team is the Mets, and he is enjoying it so far. He has been practicing catching every day and also batting with his dad. They won their first game by quite a bit, and lost the second game by 3 points. He is frustrated because he still hasn't hit a single, but this is his very first time playing baseball, so we told him it will come! Luke is now teaching Spencer how to catch, and they throw beanbags at each other inside-- catching them with their mits of course. While I still don't approve of them hurling things at each other in the front room, it is better than baseballs. They do go outside when it's nice and throw to each other.
Sammy was taking pictures of Spencer outside, and what to our wondering eyes did appear--- but a Sasquatch in the back of the picture! He is walking near the playhouse! It was unbelievable. I hope that he eats kittens, because we have an excess of cats. Although, Laura Lee has been having a lot of friends over lately-- and they all like to just sit around, hold kittens, and talk. If we get rid of the kittens, Laura Lee may retreat into her old habits of coming home, doing homework, and practicing violin. I don't know if we can handle that type of lifestyle for her! It just isn't healthy.
And of course, the cutest 5th grader at the history fair was Luke Olsen!! Ahem, I mean Dwight D. Eisenhower!! The kids all thought that he was the candy bomber because he had Tootsie Rolls on his desk. He used the candy to lure unsuspecting underclassmen to his booth, so he could tell them of his life as a soldier during WW1 and WW2. "Come hear young fella, let me tell you about when I was a boy in the war.... I'll give you a Tootsie Roll!"
U.S. Grant was seated two seats away from Jeb Stuart. Louisa May Alcott was between them to keep the peace by telling them endearing stories of little women. I had to sneak a picture of Eisenhower's best buddy, Ulysses S. Grant. While some may wonder how they are best friends having lived during different time periods, we know that Old Soldiers never die. They just keep telling their war stories forever, and that lets them live on. Maybe they are all in heaven swapping tales at this moment. "I heard that one 50 years ago, U.S. Grant, tell me something else!"
"Well excuuuuuuuse me, Dwight, but did you have to put up with gangrene and these itchy wool suits?"
I like how this lady is very interested in what he has to say....
How cute are these baby bunnies? Oh, and these baby bunnies also:
Rich and the boys, and Grandpa Olsen and Uncle Hy went out to the city of Hyrum, to fix up Hyrum Olsen's grave. It had sunken in and the headstone was also crooked. They dug up the grave, opened up the casket, and looked inside. Just kidding. They removed the sod on top, added more dirt to even it out, straightend the headstone, then covered the sod back over again. This is a view of our town from the East. I have been running up to the base of little mountain. I am very slow, but it is a good stress reliever. It is always worth the run up to see the view in the morning. I am taking a week off of VIPkids this coming last week of school. I have to help with the carnival on Tuesday, and various other things during the week.
1 comment:
Thank you for posting. I love the pictures. You sure do a lot. Taking a week of teaching but doing a carnival is much of a break. I love you all
Post a Comment