I felt bad the other day that I haven't posted anything as of late. Not because I think there must be family fans awaiting my posts, but because my Grandma mentioned she loved catching up on our blog! That made me think, from the time I was about 10 to the time I graduated from high school, I was a very dedicated letter writer. I wrote to my Grandma Green and Great-grandma Stubbs all the time. I had a pen pal in England I wrote to for at least 10 years, distant cousins I met a reunions, and just friends from all over-- I LOVED to write letters and more than that loved to GET letters. It is kind of sad that is a thing of the past. I saved all my letters from people in binders, and I get them out and read them when I feel nostalgic. So consider this a letter, Grandmas Green and Stubbs, and I am sorry I haven't been as great at letter writing as I was in the past!
We just got back from visiting family. I said goodbye to my sis and her wonderful family, saw my wonderful parents and other siblings, and visited my wonderful grandmas. I love you Gma Stubbs- and hope you get feeling better. I love you Gma Green and really miss our regular chats when I lived nearby. It was so fun to see you both.
Here are some photo updates of the past few months:
 |
| We got a dog. Named him "Bear". The kids love him. He is 1/2 Burnese Mtn. Dog, 1/4 hound, and 1/4 lab. He is already MUCH bigger now than he was in this picture when we first got him! |
 |
| LL and SO are in their school's "S.E.M" program. LL was part of a debate team with her friend, and they did awesome on the "affirmative" side. They held a full on debate with judges and competed against other schools. I think I was more nervous than she was, but she loved it. |
 |
| For the third grade S.E.M. program, they had to prepare podcasts. SO did great! She did a presentation on volcanoes and Pompeii. The teacher filmed and edited it, and I forgot to get a copy! |
 |
| Then LL had her orchestra night. |
 |
| LO had his 6th b-day! |
 |
| Dad found a bloated tic on Bear, then took it outside with the kids to smash it, and it sprayed all over SO's face!! AHHHH! Yuck yuck yuck!!!!!!!! |
 |
| SO won 2nd place in her grade in the mile race. She then went to the high school to compete against other 3rd graders in the mile. She came in 5th and ran against wind that would make Twin Falls track stars cringe! Those kids were amazing-- even the slowest ones ran on average under 7 minute miles. The winners were running 5 minute miles-- crazy! |
 |
| Played with cousins at a cabin on Memorial Day! |
 |
| SHO waiting for his neglectful mother to come out and be on the hammock with him-- he fell asleep waiting. He looked so peaceful out there I couldn't wake him up. |
 |
| The chickens are growing fast-- hopefully we have lots of eggs by the end of the summer. |
 |
| SO's wonderful teacher. |
 |
| The first day of summer break, the kids made fairy gardens. They worked on them ALL DAY LONG! I was so impressed with their ideas- and the fact that they were working together so well. |
 |
| Here is the "Rusty Bucket Pub and Inn". Complete with cafe tables, bar stools, copper pots, turkey, dinner ware and the rusty bucket, of course. |
 |
| We used dried out gourds from Aunt Lisa's garden and made houses. |
 |
| A fountain in the back is made out of a tea pot. |
 |
| View from a distance. |
 |
| A neighboring fairy house. The fairies sprinkled blue fairy dust the night after this was all made. They must approve! |
 |
A small little lunch set out for the fairies.
|
6 comments:
I love the fairy houses! Your kids are looking so tall.
I'm not your grandma, but I love to read what you guys are up to! Such a beautiful family! Miss you.
LOVE the little fairy houses...so very cute. My boys about died of jealousy seeing that ultra cute dog! Jared has been telling me he wants a berneise mountain dog for a few years now. I told him we got a baby instead! Looks like you are off to a great start to summer. Your kids are amazing and cute...just like their mom!
Love it all especially all of you
The fairy houses are awesome. We'll have to steal that one. Your kids are looking very grown up. We haven't seen you in too long.
I love the pictures and the update!
Post a Comment