Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloween, Just before Thanksgiving!

So here are our Halloween pictures.  Darth Vader is LL, in case you couldn't tell.  We tried to get LO to be Luke Skywalker, but he really doesn't care about that character anyway.  SO was very pleased to have the same kind of "hair" her mother had for the same costume about 29 years earlier.  Funny how things come around again!
 
I of course had a light sabor.  The ones they make now are far superior to the one I had! I thought mine was so cool because it lit up-- no special effect noises when you "swoop" it around or anything, like the one LL has.  How about that cute little "Yoda" and that dashing young Luke Skywalker? 

We have been flat in bed with the influenza.  I can't techinically say "H1N1" because we weren't tested.  I called the doc and explained the symptoms.  They told me they weren't even testing anymore for the virus because it takes a while to get an accurate result, and it is early for the flu so they are just telling people to treat it like the swine flu.  I am telling you, whatever it was knocked us off our feet for over a week.  Fortunately, Rich didn't get sick and he took care of all of us.   I had to be put on bedrest at one point (like I really wanted to get up and do anything anyway) and then we took SO in to the doc make sure she didn't have pneumonia.  It was not a nice "bug", but we are on the mend and feeling MUCH better.  I sure hope it was the nasty H1N1 they are talking about because I do not want to get anything like it again-- ever.  It has been a long time since I even had the flu-- 11 years to be exact.  I have usually been pretty lucky every year.  This illness made me think at one point it might be nice to just die-- so morbid and dramatic, I know, but I was miserable (and I suppose I am a bit of a whimp when it comes to being sick...)

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Seth LOVES that LL was Darth Vadar. That is so funny. My boys wanted me to dress up as Leia, but, I was lazy and didn't. SO sorry you have all been sick. How are you and the baby doing? When are you due..I can't remember. talk to you soon!

Emma Jo said...

They are so stinkin cute. I love the similarities in the pictures...classics never die.
I am so sorry that you guys have been sick. I am glad that you are getting over it now, and envious that it is behind you...the suspense is just killing me.

Unknown said...

Great pictures!!! I really wish I could be there with the kids!!!
Hope you feel better!!!
Luv ya!

Jangs said...

Great pictures. Glad you are better. I love you all

Crystal said...

Funny!!!I remember those costumes! Wow! That was a long time ago! And being sick. I feel your pain! Hope you feel better soon!

michaelstubbs said...

Mom and Dad called THAT a Yoda costume?!? Two hand-me-down jackets, a pair of sweats, and some dirt on my nose? I bet that didn't give the neighbors ANY trouble in guessing my identity...and no light saber? no walking stick? And you think having the swine flu is hard. Try my childhood on for size.

SP said...

I'm glad your better. I stayed home from church today with a fever and body aches, and I thought I was scott free...

Julie said...

Mike, you crack me up:)

Megan said...

I just love the costumes. If I ever have a daughter that wants Leia hair I'll have to say "Sorry, go ask Julie." Sorry you've had the sickies. I hate being sick and trying to imagine what it felt like to be not sick. It always seems so far away, but then you get better. Glad everyone's on the mend. Miss you all.

Abby said...

Swine flu is evil. Sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine being as sick as I was AND being pregnant on top. Really you deserve a week at a spa where all you have to do is get messages, eat bon bons, and sleep.
Mike I just don't think being a kid who had to wear hand-me-downs compares with flu+pregnancy. :)

Nae said...

We're so glad you're feeling better! I love the cowboy-Star Wars theme. :) You kids are so adorable!

Juli said...

I had the flu when I was pregnant with #3 and it wiped me out! I understand the whole miserable morbidity. The costumes were awesome! You are so creative.