Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sending off the Second.

It is weird to me that we have to start the kindergartners a week later than the rest, but so be it. SO was so anxious to get on the bus that she didn't shed one tear. She did cry yesterday when she had some butterflies in her tummy-- and she realized it was really coming. She was ready to go.

It helps to have an older sibling go with you-- LL was very excited to show her to her class.


So what did LO and I do? We got to work and cleaned the windows-- too bad you couldn't have seen how terrible they looked before. The hard water from the sprinklers had really messed them up. Then we swept out the garage and then walked to the post office and got a piece of candy with the mail. He is loving being the only kid around.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Nice windows. I don't think I have cleaned mine in over a year! That way nobody can see it when I leave the blinds open at night, and walk to the kithcen in my undies!

Amy Lynn said...

Wow...you have to actually CLEAN the windows? I figured there was a reason outside was looking so foggy.

So exciting...you have 2 kids in school! Hannah is waiting desperately for her preschool to start...next WED. Not a day too soon for her.

Amy Lynn said...

And by the way...you got alot done in 3 hours! Way to be super mom!

michaelstubbs said...

Eliza HATED being left behind. She screamed the whole way to and from the kindergarten, "I wanna got to school! I wanna go to school too." She continued to cry until I got her to go to sleep. I can't wait until they are both in school.

Unknown said...

It's great to have kids so closed to each other!! I bet LO was a great help on cleaning that window! Miss you a lot!

wendys said...

What a brave girl SO is!

Emma Jo said...

What a big day! Your kids are so darling I can't stand it and where you live makes me want to come frolic and play and run and then nap in the grass.

SP said...

wasn't LL wearing that outfit in her first day pic? I love that they are both so true to their favorite colors.

Jangs said...

Great pictures. Life sure goes by fast. Seems I was just taking first day of school shots of all of you. They sure are cute.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oooh, I just LOVE first day of school photos... and first days of school in general! Still waiting for mine!

Abby said...

Such beautiful girls! The other parents should be so happy their kids go to school with them! I am looking forward to my measely 2.5 hours of preschool twice a week!