Saturday, March 07, 2009

AM I going Crazy???

For those of my friends and family who are wondering if I am going crazy (Jared, you in particular, bro), I will answer the question myself...I am not going crazy, I am crazy. What do you expect? I have three children. Why would having children be intertwined with my political views-- thus demonstrating to the world through my writing that I AM crazy?? There is a deep rooted connection to this correlation. Since childhood, I have associated sour or good events in my life with the political atmosphere of the time-- sort of like the alignment of the stars. Now, here is a window to my life and thoughts:

This morning: "How many times have I told you kids to STOP coming in with muddy boots? I am so sick of the mess!!" Dang you Obama, dang you.

Last year at this time: "What in the??? Do you guys EVER listen to me? This is the fifth mud puddle on my carpet this week!!" You stink Bush.

Knocking doors in Spain: "Hola, soy misionera de la iglesia de... (*slam!!*).... muy bien-- hasta otro dia... no one likes us here..." William Jefferson Clinton--I loathe you.

8th Grade Algebra: "Sweet!! Another A+ on my algebra exam!!!" God bless you Mr. Reagan. God bless.

So, lest you think that I truly hate with a passion our current President for his economic policy, abortion policies, plans to "redistribute" the wealth, various other social policies, dour condescension toward the common folk, etc.....Please understand where I am coming from. I hated Bush, too. And I just may hate the next president-- depending on how my life is going.

As far as returning to the Wild West, come now. It was a rare moment in my life where I was being sarcastic.

10 comments:

SP said...

Ah, Julie, I love you and I always knew you were crazy. Kidding. You not crazy. You funny.

michaelstubbs said...

There is no way Regan was president when you were in the eighth grade, is there? How old are you?

Julie said...

Yes, he left office in 1989. Sad but true, I WAS in eighth grade during his presidency. That really wasn't that long ago, come on!! Do I HAVE to say online how old I am?? Four years older than you in April:)

Jangs said...

I think dad and I are responsible for this somehow. We did discuss politics around the table a lot.

Jessica said...

man, I go out of town for the weekend and miss all the fun discussions. Not that I could really add anything to it. But it is fun to read all your comments! I agree with you though Julie..and Jared, is there room in the bunker for us? I think nancy is a piece of work! My boys might make a mess of the place though...hmmm, we might have to build our own.

Unknown said...

Well, I can´t really tell how crazy you are....but I bet you would love Obama after having Lula as president...the guy was retired because he lost ONE finger while working...became president of one of the unions we have here in Brazil...tried the elections since I was old enough to remembering...(I keep wondering how he got all this money since civilians are not allowed to raise funds for the campaings)...he also pays R$ 25,00 for each kid a person who receives R$ 400,00 a month if the kids are attending school...and because of that, that are people who rather stay home receiving this 25 bucks per kid than actually work...and so many other issues that I insist on desagreeing...
Hope it makes you feel better!!!

Julie said...

Cris-- you really did make me feel better and I feel bad about being such a complainer:) As frustrated as I get with our politicians at times, I still am grateful for a lot. You are awesome Cris, thanks.

ermakaluso said...

Oh, it is all Clinton's fault for all of those doors we knocked that wouldn't talk to us?! I thought it was King Juan Carlos' fault! If it ever got really bad, we could just go visit Esperanza and have some ColaCao!

mo said...

I actually think your reaction to stress is very healthy for the following reasons: 1) This misplaced aggression hurts no one--the politicians are all dodos who deserve whatever criticism you can throw their way. 2)You are getting your frustration out of your system without taking it out on the real perpetrators, i.e. your children.
I say rant away. It's a good thing.

Amy Lynn said...

This made me laugh so hard! I wish I was as savvy and politically in tune as you are. I've sworn off anything resembling current events and stick strictly to PBS Kids...so how 'bout that episode of Clifford?