Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am looking for the background music....



Do any of you remember this soccer ad from about 10 years ago? I thought it was great. Does anyone know the group who does the background music? Lyndon? Cris? Anyway, remember when Rolnaldo was big-time in Spain?? Pretty funny ad. Let me know if you know the music. Thanks!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Julie...the original song is named "Mas que nada" from Jorge Ben Jor...it was recorded by Black Eyed Peas about two years ago with another Brazilian musician! You can also find this song recorded by Eletrosamba or Tamba Trio. I suggest you to download the oneyou like the best! :o)

Julie said...

Thanks, Cris!! I knew you would know.

michaelstubbs said...

There is also a version of it on the original Austin Powers movie soundtrack.

Unknown said...

See...I´m not the olny one who actually knows the song...I didn´t know they had a version of it on the original AustinPowers movie...I´m not a big fan of this movie...so, I haven´t seen it! :o)

Jared Stubbs said...

I remember Rolando. He was huge when we were in Spain - and hated by us Real Madrid fans - he played for the hated Barcelona.

Jangs said...

The music reminds me of Sergio Mendez and the Tijuana Brass. They sang that song when I was in high school. Interesting video. Cris wins though

mo said...

I hate to correct my learned sister, but the name of the group was Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66. They were the first to produce that song, I believe. Tijuana Brass is a another group. It's okay, Jangs, I'm older than you. Anyway, very cool ad.

Amy Lynn said...

Anyone else remember the good ole' days when you could just run around the airport to your hearts delight? Ah, the 80's.