I have a new favorite word. Megalomaniac. Yes, that is the word I will use to describe the president-elect of our country. I am sorry, I burst out laughing when I saw him standing behind a podium with a sign on it that said "The OFFICE of the President Elect". Did I miss something? When did that become an office, and has the electoral college even voted yet making things really truly official? I realize that it is inevitable-- the electoral college will vote him in of course. I just have one word to say about him, MEGALOMANIAC.
One other thing-- where is this "change" that he has talked about? As far as I can tell, he is just recycling people from the Clinton administration. I do not usually vent my feelings about politics on my blog, but for some reason, sending my frustrations out into cyberspace is like "letting it go" in a way. There is just nothing I can do about it and I am "letting it go". It is the crazy gene I inherited that makes me want to watch C-Span and discuss politics for dinner.
Granted, our choices for president were like choosing between eating liver and brussell sprouts-- you can really do without them and survive and there is nothing that proves they are the soul key to keeping you healthy. Ever since the end of the election, I have just been bummed-- I know its crazy, but I have. McCaine disgusted me, Obama scares me. A man that advocates and supports bills for third-trimester abortions, who wants to "redistribute" wealth, wants to unionize farmers, create his own "civilian national security force"(I won't even say what they reminds me of...) , broadcasts himself on the high class "You Tube", who has had his home bought and paid for by well-known Chicago mafiosos, and who rises too far way too fast scares me. If people age 30 and under start wearing "Obama" t-shirts and holding "Obama camp" in the stadiums-- that will just only remind me of 10 years ago when good ole Vladi P. did the same in Moscow, not to mention other events in history.
Another complaint-- since when was "Wall Street" more important than "Main Street"? Obama told the US automakers that he was "stunned" that they didn't come with a better plan to Washington. So, to be bailed out by the government, you have to work on Wall Street? Does he not realize that 1 in 10 jobs in the US is tied to the automakers industry??
I am probably worried for no reason, and we can all choose which media hype we want to believe-- but soon, when the people are happy because the trains run on time, I think I might just move to a far away island. That is all I am going to say. I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.
6 comments:
I am with you! I am not as eloquent as you when I talk politics, so I will just say "I agree!" Matt and I were talking the other night about the media coverage after we had seen a segment on Fox news that was just about normal people and what they thought. You know, it was comforting to me. There are so many weiros out there in the media, it is easy to forget that really, our country is full with just good normal people who DO believe in God,and are hoping and working for good things for our country. But, that doesn't make me any less worried about what policies will come through with this new presidency.
You can join us in Australia
Good heavens, you and I must have the same crazy gene. I think being the extreme minority in law school only served to heighten my convictions. I agree - the alternative in the election was totally uninspiring. And yet, I would have taken that over this any day of the week.
And I was rather down for days after the election! And then, like you, I had to "let it go." 'Cause man, it's gone.
I voted write in.
After this election I am going to move to the middle of no where, where the laws can't touch me and where I can live in peace...um...uh...
Get ready for a socialist America! It is kind of interesting to note that Obama's health care plan is based on the Massachusetts model. He is taking a variation of Mitt's plan, and instead of incentivicing (sp?) states to implement a version of the plan that best suits their situations, Obama is going to impose a huge federal program that will ignores each state's individual needs.
I read about Obama's and McCains health care plans in consumer reports, it is an awesome magazine. If anyone wants to know which flat screen they should buy, let me know...
Julie...I love your tangents and all I can say is AMEN!!! My question is...where are those trains going that are all leaving on time? Oh, and who is on them? That's what scares me! Let me know which Island you are heading to and I will meet you there!
Post a Comment