Monday, September 01, 2008

August

This past month has been busy with school starting and all that jazz. Here are my two drama queens saying goodbye to each other the first day of school...."Goodbye!! I will miss having someone to squabble with all day long!!" SO was truly sad when she left, bursting into tears and asking every hour, "When will she be home??"


And did LO care? No. I think he just enjoys being outside and playing in his own little boy world.
We went to Gpa's ranch this Labor Day weekend. The kids had a ball because the girls were able to actually ride the horse "alone". They were carefully watched and they were on a horse that tends to follow the other big horse, of course, so it was a pretty tame ride. They were quite thrilled when they got Star to trot for them. They took turns being in the saddle on the same horse-- SO loved to swat the rear of Star and try to make him go a little faster. He really didn't care what two little lightweights were doing on his back and pretty much did what he wanted anyway. They had fun, though. Grandpa has a little saddle just right for their little bums. LO was so thrilled to be on the horse with his dad. Rich made the horse gallop and I thought LO was going to burst with excitement-- and I wasn't too thrilled. I wondered if it were still possible for LO to get shaken baby syndrome.

LO had the most fun putting rocks into a metal pail and playing with the hose. He was doing important stuff!!


We also got to visit with Aunt Suz and cousins. This was lots o'fun, too. We read stories from the old story book that has been around for a LOOOOONG time. All in all, it was a great time. It started to snow as we left the valley-- thank goodness we were leaving by then!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had such a great time. I am glad! LO is sure cute. (We have the same shirt by the way...hmmm, I know where you shop!) Rocks, water, buckets, and you can keep little kids busy for HOURS. Makes you wonder why we buy toys.

michaelstubbs said...

Is LL a race car driver? That jacket it pretty cool. We went to the Eastern Idaho Fair today and just got to look at the animals, but that was fun too.

SP said...

I thought the same as mike re: LL's attire. I love her style.

LO look's like he's beefing up in that Nakey shot. I love that mischievous grin of his.
Ah, I miss you guys. :)

Unknown said...

Seems you had a great labor day, huh?
Your kids all look great!
Love you all!

Jared Stubbs said...

I think that LO and LL look alike.

Abby said...

What fun! And snow in the summer? Unfathomable!

Amy Lynn said...

You realize that your blog makes your life look so perfect and idyllic!? What a fun weekend! My kids would DIE to ride a horse...unfortunately my husband is violently allergic AND we don't have any ponies wandering around this part of the woods. Guess they're just going to have to be happy to stop and pet the puppies for sale outside of WalMart.