Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Betsy Bug-Babe




Poor SO, she is allergic to mosquitoes. When we went to the lake, she was eaten alive-- but repellent doesn't really work that well (especially when Mom forgets to keep putting it on you.) Anyway, her eye was worse than this and she woke up in the middle of the night, "I CAN'T SEE!!!"


Can I just say-- I HATE JULY and I am so glad that it is over. It is just such a busy month and it is so darn hot (I know, I know, it is relatively mild here compared to where some of you live-- but I hate the heat.) I just lose interest in my garden and it just goes to pot. Then I feel so bad that I spent all that time at first for NOTHING! When we have a good watering system, it will be much easier.


Here is a picture of Betsy Ross with her sister "Poodle Skirt Pam". Thank goodness the majority of the parades are over-- but the girls loved being in them, and that is what makes it fun.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma and Grandpa are so sad at Sammy's mosquito bites! Can we bring you some ice or something?

ermakaluso said...

Oh her eye looks so sore. Poor thing! The girls look beautiful in their dresses. What a fun thing that was for them.

Unknown said...

Hope Sammy feels better soon!!!
Summer there is almost over...too bad for me...coz it means that our warm winter is almost over either...
Miss you!

Abby said...

That very thing happened to my eye when I was about SO's age. It got as big as a golf ball and I couldn't see for days. I feel for little SO, I'm allergic to those stupid pests too.
July is really such a busy month. But that is what summer is all about... playing hard and sweating and then looking forward to some cooler weather and slower pace.
Both gals look adorable in their parade get-ups!

Jen said...

Yikes!

Brandon is ultra-allergic to poison ivy. He came in contact with it two years ago while weeding our flower beds, and it was a total nightmare. The poor guy couldn't sleep for weeks.

SP said...

Oh, poor sammy!

michaelstubbs said...

I remember when I would swell up as a kid too. I must have built up some resistance. I would be less worried about the swollen eye though, and more worried about West Nile Virus. I think about it every time I get bit. I mean, I have never even been to the Nile.

How could you hate July? It's as busy or as lazy as you make it.

Julie said...

Uhhh-- I guess I could shun all my extended family and not show up for any reunions. I could disappoint my girls and not let them participate in any activities they would like because I would rather just stay inside and read a book. (We really don't do a ton.) Maybe I will hide away next year;)

Jared Stubbs said...

Idaho and Boise specifically had the worst outbreak of west nile virus in the country last year. So...you may just let us come and visit you. Eye crud like that isn't fun, I remember when I had a chicken pock in my eye.

Alice said...

Julie!!! :) I am so glad to hear from you! Juli R. gave me your email address but it didn't go through. I have been wondering where you are and how you are! :) I can't figure out where you live and how many cute kids you have! :) Wow, I my mind is flooding with questions for you!

Amy Lynn said...

Oh poor girl! Jacob is so allergic to mosquito bites too! He got bit once when he was a baby and the same thing happened...he woke up in the middle of the night screaming and when I walked into his dark room and he turned his head, I screamed. His entire eye was swollen shut and it looked like he had grown a tumor on the side of his head! And yeah...the mosquitoes here actually seem to LIKE the repellant. Anyone up for vacationing in Alaska for the summer? (Do they have bugs there?)

mo said...

I can sympathize with poor little SO--that is just what used to happen to me as a child. I even had one bite that closed my eye shut just like that! Poor thing!