Saturday, July 05, 2008

Parade Babes

Each town around the valley usually has a float with their graduating seniors, or town royalty. These floats all make the rounds to every town's parades. Our seniors the past few years, from what I understand, refused to ride. The town had to go to the younger set of beautiful girls to get them to ride. Someone came up with a really cute float idea and these girls loved it- and had a great time.

I am prejudice, of course, but I think our town had the prettiest girls riding the float. They were so cute waving and throwing candy. They had an absolute ball. They were most of the girls who are going into first grade. Not all were there, but they get to make the rounds to the parades close by. The town near the Idaho border, where they go to school, has one of the biggest parades on the 4th. So that is where we went for the 4th!

11 comments:

Jen said...

So adorable! A piece of Americana, right there.

wendys said...

We should have come to your parade! Pocatello's was really lame. Ian keeps asking when we can visit you guys.

Jangs said...

I want to come next year. That is so fun

Unknown said...

I'm sure your girls were the prettiest on the parade!!! :o)
LO looks really cute on that hat!!!

ermakaluso said...

How fun for the girls (and the mom!) We missed seeing you...maybe next time. Hope you are all feeling better!

SP said...

I love it! Did you make the skirt?

Jessica said...

I would much rather see that than some royalty with a fake smile and tight dress! How cute.

Jared Stubbs said...

I bet Sammy had the time of her life, she got to be a princess. Sounds like fun.

Julie said...

Well-- too bad it wasn't SO that rode the float. She really wanted to.

michaelstubbs said...

LL looks great. That is the right age for a parade. I still can't go...you know, parade poisoning in my youth. I believe the downward spiral began at a 24th of July parade in Buhl sometime around the Idaho Centenial...

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, a float girl. And it isn't just you...that girl was REALLY cute! I love a good parade!