
Well, Grandpa this blog is for you. I am sorry I am not a regular blogger on my own blog. Scout did end up missing the very week that LL's baby brother was born. She was one heartbroken little girl. If Scout is gone for the night, he always has turned up the next day on the back porch. He is a good little cat and lets the girls maul him and baby him. We were all sad when he was missing. Rich and I were sure that he had been hit by a car or killed another way.
When Grandpa and Grandma Stubbs were here on the Sunday after RLO was born, they took the girls on a walk. Apparently, LL thought she could hear her cat meowing while they were on their walk down our road. Gpa Stubbs read to them that night and their window was opened. LL claimed she could hear her poor kitty Scout meowing again. We all just figured that it was her imagination because she missed him so much.
The following Thursday, hubby was working in the garden and claimed that he heard a cat that sounded like Scout. I just laughed and we both figured it was because we all kind of missed the dumb cat. The next Saturday, Rich was out working again with the girls and could hear a cat again. He decided to search for the source. He walked across the road, kiddie corner from us to an old dairy barn. The farmer is starting to sell off his herd and hasn't been there very often as of late. Rich opened the barn, and lo and behold, there was an emaciated looking orange cat that looked an awful lot like our Scout. Sure enough he bounded out and was picked up, verified to be Scout and taken home. We all watched from the porch in disbelief as Rich carried the Scout back home in his arms. The poor feline was shaking, and when we put food in front of him, he gobbled it up like a starved prisoner of war. LL was so thrilled she held him all afternoon and hand held a cup of water for him to drink out of--- the cat also being VERY thirsty!
Scout is one lucky cat. I would surmise that he maybe has about 1 life left-- hopefully more since he is prone to dangerous adventures. We figured that he wandered into the barn, and the farmer shut the door without knowing that he was in there. It was over a week that he was in there-- how lucky is that?
9 comments:
Somebody needs to write a children's book about Scout. "The 9 Lives and Times of Scout the Cat."
Grandma S. and I are sooo happy for Laura Lee.
Couldn't Scout catch any mice in the barn?
I think that the lesson from this is that children are always right. Always.
You are right, Mike. I have been taught that lesson over and over, and I seem to not learn:)
I think that catching mice may have been what saved Scout's life, actually. I am not sure how long cats can go without food and water...
Next it will be the INcredible Journey story so don't go on any long extended trips. What a cat
I almost felt sorry for the cat...But if LL likes scout, I guess I can too. when are you going to post some more cute pics of that baby????
yeah, more Luke picts please.
Do cats have guardian angels? Scout most definately does.
Yes, more luke pictures please! I can't wait to hear about Scout's next adventure.
Maybe you should re-name him "Lucky."
Congrats on that little boy! That is so so happy...dare I ask if you are sleeping?
Post a Comment