Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Green Hills (or "Mountains")



We got back yesterday from our jont to Vermont. The scenery was beautiful, however both days that we had time to "explore" it was raining heavily. The wedding we went to was up at a place called Jay's Peak, which is a ski resort. (We had to hide our self-righteous smirks when they called it a ski-mountain...) I always imagined that I would love to live back East where there are so many trees and it is so green. It was beautiful, but oddly I found myself longing for a view of a distance of at least 5 miles, no trees blocking the view. We really do live in a desert-- but I realized how attached I am to it while I was away. I've been away before, but when you are younger adventure is more important than scenery. It didn't help that I was motion sick the whole time we ever drove anywhere on the windy roads. Rich also had to put up with my anxiety attacks on the airplane. I was not a very fun traveling partner-- and that is probably why I was longing for home most of the time.

Here is where the wedding ceremony was conducted. It was a gorgeous spot. The clouds parted and the sun shined for the duration of the ceremony. I feel like a fool for not taking pictures during the ceremony-- eveyone else was! (I guess I am just not used to that...!) Anyway, Mike, Rich's cousin, married a beautiful woman and they make a great couple.

Rich an I helped Mike and his brother, Daniel, decorate the wagon. Here is some of the wedding party on the ride. I am sorry there are no more pictures than this of the couple! Mike is sitting on the wagon "driving the team". Julie is right behind him, in the gown of course. I think that the two Mormons and the two pregnant ladies there were the only ones that didn't sample the selections. They kept asking us if we were having fun-- were they worried we didn't know how? Anyway-- we met some great people and our hosts were fantastic.

4 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Do your anxiety attacks on the plane come from the plane ride home from Spain? Those affected your more than I realized.
Sounds like it was a nice trip. We ransacked your home while you were away. Thanks.

Jangs said...

I am glad you got to go. I think it was important to Mike and his wife

Julie said...

Yes, unfortunately the plane ride home from my mission affected me more than I realized. I had no idea how the fear would just serge up again-- every little noise the airplane made had me paralyzed. I am glad you came and stayed. I just wished that we could have been there. The girls said you made something really yummy for breakfast-- crepes??? No fair...

Jared Stubbs said...

I hated the east coast when I first moved there. You couldn't see past across the street and I felt clostrophobic. I did learn to love it. But they do not have mountains back there, they have hills.